One bathtub idea for kids that's big on fun! Splish splash, it's time for a bath!
Bath time is important for kids, not only should it teach them healthy cleaning habits, it should relax them, and be a comfortable and happy atmosphere. It also promotes bonding and fun! Something about being in and around water is a very natural state-of-being for a human.
I always loved taking a bath as a child. And I still love it as an adult. It's a way to escape from the busyness of life. Don't think that your child won't benefit from that!
Kids work hard at school and play. They also adapt well to the hectic schedules of today's fast paced life, and often don't get breaks. Between school, daycare, aftercare, morning care and summer camps, they work just as hard as adults but in a different way. Kids need relaxation too, and why not make it as fun and memorable as possible?
Toys, bubbles, the sound of warm comforting water, what more could you ask for!?
Well...usually nothing, but I stumbled on a great idea that will surprise and delight any child, and it's so simple it's almost embarrassing!
Most kids are happy to take a bath, but for anyone with stubborn little buddies this should get them jumping right in! If you ever struggled to get your child into the tub, struggle no more!
*It should go without saying, but never leave your child unattended during bath time!
You can also use this same idea for themed pool parties or hot tubs, and it's great for pranks and gags!
Grow pets are really fun, cheap, and just silly! They come in a variety of animals, sea life, fruit, monsters, food, lizards, snakes, dinosaurs, and even ones that glow in the dark!
They are also educational and will inspire fun conversations between you and your child! Explain to your children where seahorses live, what a snake eats, how big dinosaurs were when they existed! These funky things promote all kinds of big chats!
They are gooey and slimy and fun to hold! Great for touch therapy! They feel good to squish, squeeze, twist, mush, toss, catch, share and step on. They are bright, colorful and decorative! They promote creative, imaginative play! And they are just plain fun to look at and have!
And when they are removed from water they will shrink back to their original size, so you can store them and use them over and over!
So what are you waiting for? Get growing!
What you'll need
- A bathtub, pool, hot tub, or other similar large vessel that can hold water!
- A sense of humor!
- A large bucket or hole-less laundry basket
- Food coloring, other waterproof toys, bubbles or inflatables (all optional)
- Grow pets (check your local Dollar Tree, 5-10 animals or even less is enough for this idea)
You can easily keep this entire project under $20. It's really up to you, and how much you want to spend!
Growing snakes and skeletons!!
- Bulk Grow and Glow Snakes and Skeletons at DollarTree.com
Shop Great Deals on: Grow and Glow Snakes and Skeletons plus free ship to store!
11" Growing Creatures!
- When you have all your supplies, place your Grow Pets into large containers of water. We used a laundry basket without holes. You'll want to allow them to soak for 3 days to get them to expand to their biggest potential. Most grow 600% larger than their prepacked size! Good luck keeping your kids from playing with them as they expand! For some reason these things hypnotize a kid and draw them near like magnets!
- When the pets are all grown up, place them in the bath tub and begin running water. Add food coloring or other toys and bubbles! For pool parties, you are only limited by your imagination! We created a "sea life" setting with starfish, sea shells, dolphins, sharks and more. Bath time lasted much longer than usual!
And that's it! Simple right? And so much fun!!
A super fun site for kid stuff
- Be Amazing! Toys - Easy Science Fair Projects and Cool Science Experiments.
Be Amazing! Toys has tons of incredible and easy science fair projects, cool science experiments and fun, educational toys like tents, insta-snow, chemistry sets, slime, crystals, magnets, virtual pets that grow and more. Be Amazing!
Bath and skincare ideas for adults!
- Uses for essential oils for your body and home.
Like me, you may have never realized what Essential Oils can be used for, but there are a lot of uses that will not only benefit your mind and body, but also bring some extra joy to your life.
- 3 Items every woman should have for natural beauty
There are 3 items that are essential for your beauty regimen. Add these to your anti-aging and beauty arsenal now for immediate rewards! Natural inexpensive beauty is just 3 items away...
- Why should you exfoilate your skin and the best stuf...
How can you effectively exfoliate your skin the best way possible? What are the best methods? Why is exfoliation important?
- Home-Made Bath Bombs, part baking powder, citric aci...
Easy, inexpensive home-made bath bomb recipe, these are great for personal enjoyment, or for gift giving!
- How to create a spa quality detox bath at home
This is the easiest and most simple detox bath in the world, and chances are, you have the supplies already in your home needed to give yourself this special at home spa treatment.