- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice»
Want to Be a Stay at Home Mom? Apply Here
Are you thinking about becoming a stay at home mom? I hope you are prepared for replacing your full time job outside the home for a full time job inside your home. In case you haven't thought about all the many hats a mother must wear, here is a wanted ad detailing the job description placed in your local paper. Read it and see if you would still want to apply for the position of stay at home mom.
Wanted: Stay at Home Mom
Your Home, Inc. is currently seeking an individual to fill the position of stay at home mom. Candidates applying should be highly organized, very energetic, able to work in stressful conditions, and an expert in the art of multi-tasking. If these qualities of a stay at home mom do not describe you, please do not apply.
The position of a stay at home mom, aka domestic engineer, has an extremely long list of required duties. We have provided a detailed description of the many "hats" you will be wearing in Your Home, Inc. This list is by no means a completely accurate list as your duties will continually change from day to day. If this information does not bother you, read further for the list of duties we have compiled for you.
Guides for Stay at Home Moms
Stay at Home Mom Poll
Would you be able to juggle the many "hats" of a stay at home mom?
- You will be responsible for all children of the household. They need constant love, care, and require an abundance of your attention at all times. You will make sure they are clothed, bathed, fed, consoled, and entertained throughout the day. The occasional craft time, story time, and outside play time is an additional requirement of the job if you would like for these children to give you a good recommendation during your annual review which will be given to you on Mother's Day.
- You will be responsible for preparing all meals for Your Home, Inc. All meals includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and at least two snacks for the children of the organization. You will also be expected to clean up after each meal to be able to start with a fresh kitchen when the next meal is scheduled to begin.
- You will be responsible for dealing with all sick or injured individuals at Your Home, Inc. All trips to the doctor, filling prescriptions, administering medicine, cleaning up any projectile bodily functions, and bandaging and kissing boo-boos will also be your responsibility. Experience in the medical field is desired but not required.
- You will be responsible for all the errand running - including but not limited to - bill paying, bank transactions, grocery shopping, and any other errand your husband will think to have you do. Taking the children with you is a requirement of the position due to your above described nanny obligations.
- You will be responsible for driving the children to where ever they need to go. The list of potential places include school, doctor visits, ball practice, dance class, birthday parties, and every other activity your family is involved in. A valid driver's license is a major requirement for this part of the job.
- You will be responsible for coordinating all parties and get togethers for Your Home, Inc. Such big events might include birthday parties, holiday get togethers, and general dinner parties for family and friends. Their enjoyment at these functions will depend solely on your performance and your incredible ability to multi-task.
- You will be responsible for helping create and sticking within Your Home, Inc.'s financial budget. Due to the loss of your other income, this budget is extremely tight and does not allow for you to indulge on anything deemed in excess or not necessary if it doesn't benefit the organization as a whole.
- You will be responsible for all the shopping needs of Your Home, Inc. These needs include filling the pantry with much needed food items, providing clothing items for all members of the organization, and buying any birthday or holiday gifts for others in the extended branch of the company.
- You will be responsible for maintaining a clean house for the whole organization to enjoy. Some of the cleaning duties will include doing laundry, dusting, sweeping and washing floors, changing bed sheets, cleaning bathrooms, washing dishes, and general pick up and maintenance around the house.The appearance of a clean home should always remain a top priority for consideration of any bonuses or the occasional night off.
Testimony from a Stay at Home Mom
Education and Experience Required
The stay at home mom position seeks an individual with any kind of education or experience in any of the above related fields including medical, finance, education, sociology, psychology, mass communication, or any other trade that will benefit the organization as a whole. Culinary and home economic skills are a plus but training time will be granted to further your expertise in these areas. Having a valid driver's license is required for this position as traveling to various destinations is a major part of your daily duties of being a stay at home mom.
Salary and Benefits
As a stay at home mom, you will enjoy your job 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your Home, Inc. does not allow for any vacation or sick days as this position is 365 days a year. As a reward for all of your hard work, an occasional night out will be granted if you are performing up to the company's high standards and a suitable child care provider is obtained for the children. As an added bonus to your grueling schedule, you will not receive a paycheck for your services. Please accept all hugs, kisses, and total love and admiration from all of your coworkers at Your Home, Inc. as sufficient payment. If you are ready to commit your whole life and all of your personal time, please send in your resume to the head of Your Home, Inc. for consideration of the stay at home mom position.
Will You Be Applying?
Many people do not fully understand the many "hats" a stay at home mom wears in her everyday life. I will admit that I had no clue how much work being a full time mom was, but I quickly learned after making my decision to stay home almost four years ago. After reading this job description, are you still interested in applying? If so, then congratulations you are hired!
I hope this information has been helpful to making your decision on whether or not to become a stay at home mom. Do you have a comment or question? Please feel free to leave these in the comment section provided below!
Other Parenting Hubs:
- Top 10 Reasons I Love Raising Boys
Being a mother of two boys, I can give you the top 10 best reasons why raising boys is so much fun. Check out all the wonderful joys little boys can add to any parent's life.
- My Top 10 Favorite Kid Excuses to Avoid Cleaning
It never fails. Ask my kids to clean and you will get a list a mile long of excuses. Here is a list of my top 10 favorite excuses that my own children use to avoid cleaning.
- A Guide to Health and Safety for Children - Preventi...
Prevention is key to keeping your children healthy and safe. Read this guide to find useful tips to lessen the chance of the most common kid injuries.
- A Guide to Health and Safety for Children - When to ...
A useful guide to dealing with children's health and safety concerns. Covers the most common symptoms with a childhood illness and when a call to the doctor is necessary.
- The Many Benefits of Pretend Play
Parents should encourage young children to pretend play. Learn the many benefits and life skills that pretend play can bring to your child's life.