1. A license
2. The professionalism of the caregivers
3. Is there space for the child/children to run and play?
4. Is there at least one employee who can perform CPR?
5. Are the surroundings safe? (No dangerous metals, animals, etc in the yard)
6. What is the daycare/preschool's emergency plans? Do they have emergency plans in place in the event of a natural disaster?
7. Are meals provided? Does the individual preparing the food have a license and adequate knowledge of the nutritional needs of a young child?
8. What is the curriculum?
9. What are the rules of the institution?
10. How does the staff deal with conflict between the children?