jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

What is the point of depriving a child from seeing their father?

1. realtalk247 profile image71
    realtalk247posted 21 months ago

Absent of abuse or negative environment, why would you purposely keep a man from seeing his child?  Are you that upset that things didn't work out romantically between you two that you punish the child?  What is the benefit of berating another parent in the presence of your child?  Do you know what damage you are also causing by depriving them of experiencing the other other parent?  Why is it difficult for families to come together to do what's best for a child to be psychologically healthy?
    http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12803901.jpg

1. Live to Learn profile image82
      Live to Learnposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Probably because we live in a society where personal gratification is constantly offered up as a goal we should aspire to.  It can be hard to rise above personal emotional problems so most don't bother. 

I'm with you though. The kids shouldn't have to deal with the fall out. I am constantly horrified at how women use children as weapons. I suppose men do also, but they are much less likely to be the custodial parent.

2. grand old lady profile image90
    grand old ladyposted 21 months ago

I'm not sure, like if the father is a drug addict, or a murderer or a psychotic, do you think you should protect your child from the father? I read somewhere that sometimes, fathers don't get along with their children, but they do get along with other young men, and a "father-son" relationship develops that is beneficial to both parties. If the father is absent but is a good man, definitely the child should be able to see him as often as possible. But if he is evil, there are ways for boys to develop 'father - son' relationships with other, good people.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image87
      Kathryn L Hillposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Why would a woman want to risk pregnancy with a murderer or a drug addict or a psychotic????

1. grand old lady profile image90
        grand old ladyposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I personally wouldn't know, but it happens. I read a book about a woman who didn't know her man was a serial killer until he was arrested. Women often have kids with drug addicts, and sometimes may not know she married a psychotic. the reverse happens as well, it's the man who marries a murderer, drug addict or psychotic.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image87
    Kathryn L Hillposted 21 months ago

Women are reaping their karma, whatever it is.
    Good luck kids.

I don't believe in karma, but I believe in bad choices, or being manipulated into a bad circumstance. I also believe in hope, that though the present is a difficult time, we can have a better future. Life can be merciful and we can move on. I think our mistakes should not define us.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image87

Why would a man risk getting a cold hearted jerk of a woman pregnant?

Again, it happens. Love can be quite an aphrodisiac, and we don't always love the person who is good for us.

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image87

The aliens are laughing their heads off.
    What a hlarious reality show the human race is.

The human race is complex, sad, mean, sometimes happy and oftentimes kind. I still believe that in the end, our better selves will emerge.

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image87

I was responding to the image realtalk247 provided.
    Can paper be mended once ripped?
    Once ripped apart, can families be mended?
    Broken lives and broken hearts.
    Is that why you two got together?

Think about it.
    Its never just about "us."
    Sex will, (eventually,) bring forth a soul from the arms of the angels.
    Why do it if you are not going to maintain the joy these new souls bring.
    The love they bring.
    I write to remind… its not about you.

Sex is a spiritual act.
    SPIRIT is involved.

Get real.

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image87

This statement is a poor excuse for abortion or childbirth.

<"Again, it happens. Love can be quite an aphrodisiac …"> GOL

We have brains.
    We need to use them.

1. Live to Learn profile image82
      Live to Learnposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Our brains can not only understand the definition of compassion they can analyze situations and determine when it is appropriate to display it.

8. Kathryn L Hill profile image87

Compassion is not an excuse for irresponsibility.
    Intelligence is needed to do-the-right-thing and proactively avoid further senseless MISERY.

working