jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Meditation helps to love one's own peace!

1. east-west pro profile image61
    east-west proposted 8 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13372627_f520.jpg
    Meditation is not an option but infact it is so important. The importance is known when one gets into work stress, stress of the middle ages and so on.
    Meditation really helps to check the drifting mind from wandering into troublesome thoughts!
    Thoughts themselves are not painful but the feeling that I am painful creates the pain. Inorder to be away from the disturbing thoughts one need to meditate on a regular basis.
    Peaceful Mind is so lovable bcoz one learns to love one's own peace!

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image87
      Kathryn L Hillposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Dear east-west pro,
      I agree with what you have revealed. Here in the west, meditation is considered an option, but in fact, it IS vital toward peace of mind. Meditation CAN alleviate the stress of daily life, work and even or especially aging!

This too is quite true, as I have experienced: Meditation stops the mind from dwelling on negative thoughts. I agree: Thoughts themselves are not painful but our inner emotional reactions to them can be. And as you say, in order to escape from disturbing thoughts we need to meditate regularly.  And yes, a peaceful mind is comforting as one learns to " love one's own peace!" Eventually, we learn to avoid negative thinking all together in effort to preserve our inner peace.

Additionally, through meditation, we learn to harness our own will-power for positive results. Meditation enables us to take a conscious direction in making our lives purposeful and meaningful to ourselves and those around us. I have found that through helping others, we help ourselves ... and often, those we help will return the favor in unexpected ways.

It is also important to remember that none of us are here forever and the life we live after our hearts stop beating must be considered. I believe the peace we achieve here on earth will stay with us as we cross over back into the astral realms from whence we came.

My perspective is this: Meditation helps us get in conscious touch with the all-knowing essence of our being. We are not trying to create what we feel we are not, but instead we are getting in touch with what we already are:
      The soul or true Self.
      Thanks for the writing prompt. You have explained the benefits of meditation accurately.

The Way I See It

1. east-west pro profile image61
        east-west proposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Sister Kathryn,
        Namaskar. True. Meditation is becoming more popular due to its immense health benefits too. Yoga is conscious living but many people think its just a set of asanas. They say "I am not much interested in Patanjali yoga sutras!" Patanjali says" Santhosha" (happiness) and             " Isvarapranidhana" (surrender to the total or iswara) as the essential steps to yoga and meditation. Few people emphasis on this!

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image87
          Kathryn L Hillposted 8 months ago in reply to this

smile … possibilities become endless with meditation.

working