jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the best way(s) to get a baby to sleep?

1. Super Hub Star profile image51
    Super Hub Starposted 8 years ago

What is the best way(s) to get a baby to sleep?

2. Susana S profile image97
    Susana Sposted 8 years ago

I've found with mine that as soon as you see sleepy signals, a quiet, darkened room is best. I would sit with my babies in a comfy chair and cuddle them for about half an hour or so - if it was time for a feed feed them. Just before as the baby has fallen asleep I would put them in their cot on their own so that they actually fall asleep on their own. I used to do this every night and at nap times too and they always slept well.

A good book I'd recommend is "The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems".

3. Lady_E profile image80
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

rub a few drops of lavender oil on their wrists...

4. Hiperion profile image61
    Hiperionposted 8 years ago

Babies are not all equal. You must try for yourself to see what´s the best way for yours.
    Some babies sleep better if they take a bath, other need to listen some calm music, others like mine don´t like to sleep and we have to be with them almost a hour untill he sleeps.

5. GetBabyToSleep profile image54
    GetBabyToSleepposted 8 years ago

There really isn't just one best way to get your baby to sleep.  One of the best things you can do is to create an environment conducive to sleeping.  Your newborn is still on auto pilot. I recommend the 5 S's for getting baby to sleep.

6. silent nights profile image53
    silent nightsposted 8 years ago

Don't try to make your baby sleep like someone elses baby you know might, you should do whats right for your baby. No 2 babies are alike. At night , when you have fed your baby, and changed their nappy/diper, always put your baby straight back into the cot. As cuddly as your baby may be and the temptation to give them the extra cuddles and kisses, try to keep it to a minimum. By doing this your baby will learn not to expect the additinal attention and settel down and go off to sleep.

7. lilmnstr profile image61
    lilmnstrposted 8 years ago

Putting your child on a regular routine or schedule is what really helps in the long run. Try this: http://hubpages.com/hub/Putting-your-baby-on-a-schedule

working