Good question. I don't think there is a one-fits-all answer but I can share some tips from my own experience.
1. Have fun and enjoy the move. Your mood may spill over to the rest of the family. It is a big task to do but worth the investment.
2. Involve your kids as much as possible in little errands, packing and unpacking their stuff, planning the new place etc. Make it a positive experienced for them.
3. Say good bye to the old place and friends you may be leaving behind, same for your kids. There are many ways to do this, and you will certainly have your own way of doing it.
4. Encourage your kids to stay in touch with good friends, this is relatively easy with internet and skype.
5. For the practical stuff: get rid of everything you no longer need and have not used the last couple of years. Give away to friends, charity or sell.
6. Ask your friends for help, don't make it a lonely chore!
7. Help your kids make new friends in the neighbourhood and at school.
Hope some of this helps :-)
Apart from the points Kya has given you for moving, I also recommend that you plan your move so that you don't have to face difficulties at your new home.
Estimate what's your budget. If possible hire a mover. Its not necessary that you take full services of moving companies, you can just hire them for transporting your goods. Rest you can do yourself like packing etc.
Also get your utilities disconnected like gas, electricity, telephone, cable, internet etc. and obtain relevant papers that might be required for taking new connections at new home.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.