jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Would you simply pack up and move to another country if that's where the job you

1. clairemy profile image77
    clairemyposted 5 years ago

Would you simply pack up and move to another country if that's where the job you needed was?

2. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

Depending on the country - absolutely.  If it was a great job and an opportunity to learn about a different culture and way of life I would definitely do it smile

3. Suelynn profile image77
    Suelynnposted 5 years ago

Yep, I'm doing it!  Gotta work to live and gotta take what you can get where you can get it.

1. clairemy profile image77
      clairemyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good for you Suelynn, and now I feel less concerned because in 4 days thats exactly what I am doing.

4. luvintkandtj profile image73
    luvintkandtjposted 5 years ago

YES, I did it. I have been living overseas for about 2.5 years

5. pagesvoice profile image86
    pagesvoiceposted 5 years ago

I am too close to my children and grandchildren to move away from them, no matter how lucrative a job offer might be. To me...and this is only me...money can't make my family near by and easily accessible if I'm in a foreign land.

6. clairemy profile image77
    clairemyposted 5 years ago

It is a very tough decision to take, but in my case I have no choice......so for a short while I must. And thankfully my kids fully understand and are being very supportive.
    But it is not an easy thing to do.

1. luvintkandtj profile image73
      luvintkandtjposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My decision to come to Japan backfired on me. I planned to only come for a year. But my kids have fallen in love with Japan. And now I've been here forever. Well it feels like it at times

7. jpcmc profile image91
    jpcmcposted 5 years ago

Nope.  I need to talk to my wife about it first.  She has a thriving career here and moving will affect her.

working