jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What are the best pets for teens?

1. fritteritter profile image90
    fritteritterposted 8 years ago

What are the best pets for teens?

Is there such a thing as a great pet for teens? Not too "childish" and not too demanding. Loving or at least somehow rewarding. Something they may be able to take to college. Or, should teens concentrate on other things and think about having their own pets once they're out of the hustle and bustle of high school?

2. profile image54
    the411onhairposted 8 years ago

Think the best ones are the ones that do not require a high level of maintenance. I like rabbits.. pretty easy to work with and they are pretty self sustaining with little work on your part.

3. profile image47
    HerpGirl17posted 7 years ago

Yes! a snake makes a great pet for teens. easy to care for and easy to find. very good pets( that's why i have 2...)

4. NCapamaggio profile image57
    NCapamaggioposted 7 years ago

When i was a teen I had a couple of pet turtles. They were a lot of fun, and super easy to take care of.

5. MrAungst profile image61
    MrAungstposted 7 years ago

ah, come on, get em a dog. i couldn't imagine growing up without my pup,

6. profile image0
    Juan Mariuposted 7 years ago

I think goldfish are easy to take care of and easy to feed, although I don't know much about cleaning the tank... hmm... maybe it depends on the personality of the teen and their level of responsibility?

7. Answer Man profile image60
    Answer Manposted 7 years ago

The best pet for a teen boy is a teen girl.
    The best pet for a teen girl is a teen boy.

8. profile image45
    igwendposted 7 years ago

I have a pet hedgehog. They're very easy to take care of and if you give them the attention they need, they're very loving.

9. Alya rose profile image58
    Alya roseposted 7 years ago

Do NOT get a hamster!thoughs damn things keep you up at night.

10. profile image48
    Celtic_Pandaposted 7 years ago

I would suggest getting a fish.  I had two fish when I was in college and they made nice little companions and were low maintenance.

11. esatchel profile image89
    esatchelposted 7 years ago

A cat might be a good pet for a teen, especially it the teen has never been responsible for one. It'll go in a box; the parents will probably have to tell the teen when to clean it. The cat won't require the attention a dog will as cats usually like to keep to themselves (at least for the most part), they don't require being taken for a walk.

Teens tend to be forgetful of chores and 'on the go' and parents often end up keeping up with the pet. I can't tell you how many parents I know who manage the day to day upkeep of their children's pets. Just try getting a teen to talk the dog for a morning walk in the rain before school. It can happen but it is a challenge!

12. Toby Simon profile image37
    Toby Simonposted 6 years ago

a dog..its man's bestfriend after all.. ^^

working