jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Can parents face crimminal charges for evicting an underaged, out of control chi

1. NGRIA Bassett profile image60
    NGRIA Bassettposted 8 years ago

Can parents face crimminal charges for evicting an underaged, out of control child?

Addressing parenting challenges with inappropriate support.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Evicting underage children, whether out of control or not, is grounds for prosecution in the US.

3. NGRIA Bassett profile image60
    NGRIA Bassettposted 8 years ago

Thanks relache. I am aware of the legislations in the US, but that is not always the case in other jurisdictions. I am interested in how others view  and handle this most difficult matter.

4. Suzanne Alicie profile image55
    Suzanne Alicieposted 8 years ago

Evicting them is illegal in the US, but contacting the local police or department  of social services can lead to having the child removed from your care. This will mean that your child will end up in the detention center or a foster home until they turn 18.

5. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

Whatever happened to "I brought you into this world; I can take you out"?

Oh, I forgot, busybodies and pussification.

6. sarahmoose profile image78
    sarahmooseposted 8 years ago

In the UK, I don't know if it is a criminal offence, but again, contacting the police and/or social services can result in the child being placed with a foster family. Its a shame, but in the UK with many authorities, they won't actually give the support needed to either the parents or the child until this happens. Its absolutely shocking.

7. JayDee Sterling profile image61
    JayDee Sterlingposted 7 years ago

Parents are 100% responsible for underaged children.  Children behave in ways that parents do not want because the parent(s) have allowed the out of control behavior to start with something minor, without correcting the child, and then over time that behavior escalates into something the parent(s) now see as out of control.

"Addressing  parenting challenges with inapporpriate support" was that a statement or a question fragment?

working