jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Will my mom get angry if i told her i wanted to live with my grandmother?

1. whispers of faith profile image60
    whispers of faithposted 8 years ago

Will my mom get angry if i told her i wanted to live with my grandmother?

i'm 18 years old and niether one of my parents know how to treat me like i am. they still wanna treat me like i am a 16 year old child. whos doing nothing for her life. i go to college. i do not have a job but i have been looking with no such luck. but i clean and cook for her before i head out for school. yet she still wants to deny any opportunity for freedom because she cant sleep cause she' s busy worrying about me. my grandma o n the other hand knows that i am 18 and if they dont open up soon i will end up running away.

2. pisco profile image61
    piscoposted 8 years ago

I'm guessing she will be very angry, and wouldn't allow it. I do hear your problem, but you must try and conquer your freedom in small steps, because will also worry about your kids in the same way when you have them.

3. Lady_E profile image74
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

I don't think she will bcos you are still living with family - which is also her mum. It's not a bad idea.

PS. You'll enjoy it too, grans are full of wisdom - you learn so much from them and they really make you laugh.

All the best.

4. Hanna Bambina profile image57
    Hanna Bambinaposted 8 years ago

everyone wantss to live with their grandparents. Maybe you should just accept your mother for who she is; although I know that can be tough. I still struggle to get along with my mother becuase she's a single parent and isn't parent material. She does give me money and stuff; but I've gone days without food; and I was beaten up as a child; so all and all; I just had to move out...by myself; I've found that to be the most satisfactory sollution. Think about it, if you move in with your grandparents; they'r gonna want to solve your problems aswell; and you don't want everyone involved. If you look back at your life in 20 years you don't want to say you gave your family a hard time. Maybe you should consider moving far away from home and start college there. You seem to be striving for your independance.  I went away for a year; I wouldn't say it was the best year of my life; however, I did realise how good I had it; and how the way I was treating my family over petty things was stupid. If you want to move in with your grandma; that's your choice; but they're old; do you really want to disturb their retirement. just food for thought.

5. GoGranny profile image77
    GoGrannyposted 8 years ago

Read my hub on parents! http://hubpages.com/hub/Hey-Girls-Dont-Be-Stupid-Hub-6  And check out the other hubs in the series...Maybe they could help you decide.

There are always so many different reasons why parents and teens don't get along. You must try to figure it out in order to understand your mom. Please do not run away. Don't threaten to do so in order to get your way either. If there is still abuse then you must find a safe way to leave, get help from a trustworthy adult.

6. Laraguitarer profile image52
    Laraguitarerposted 8 years ago

It depends what ur mum's atitiude is like if she's kind and forgiving then YES if not maybe NOT
    From Lara N Pass

C ya LOL

xxx

7. ktps profile image54
    ktpsposted 8 years ago

i would live with the grandmother . im 21  and my parents still treat me like im 16 it get annoying. you are your own person dont let anybody let you feel bad

Closed to reply

working