jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

My 15 Years Old Daughter Is Eating Too Much – A Whole Loaf Of Bread For Breakfas

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

My 15 Years Old Daughter Is Eating Too Much – A Whole Loaf Of Bread For Breakfast. Is This Normal?

2. pippap profile image87
    pippapposted 8 years ago

This is not normal.  This could be due to a medical condition or an emotional issue.

There are some medical conditions that cause people to overeat without much regard to what they are eating or what the consequences may be.  From the way you describe this, it would seem to be a fairly new condition with your daughter.  I would take her to a doctor to rule out anything organic.

If it is emotional, something may have happened to cause her to try to gain weight in an attempt to become unattractive or to try to find comfort in eating.

Either way, your daughter needs your unconditional love and support at this time.  Good luck!

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Some people might ask why you, as her parent, are letting her eat a whole loaf of bread for breakfast?  Is that the only food you have?  Are you offering healthy options?

4. sasanqua profile image81
    sasanquaposted 8 years ago

You also need to consider whether she may have an eating disorder. If she is bingeing on large quantities of food, but is not gaining any weight, she may have bulimia. I'd suggest talking to her about your concerns, and then seeing a doctor together.

5. profile image43
    WutsdatMovyposted 8 years ago

An entire loaf of bread is enormous. She is gonna end up fat if she doesnt cut it down to like 4 slices per meal, 3 meals a day. 4 slices is 2 sandwhiches. 2 sandwhiches for every meal is enough for a large man to eat and still gain fat without proper exercise. If a 15 year old girl is eating a loaf of bread per meal, she will end up being on a Richard Simmons show, being cut out of her house to make it to the hospital.

6. profile image0
    ellie.wposted 7 years ago

If she's a late bloomer and hitting a growth spurt, does a lot of sports to burn a lot of calories, etc. then it could be normal, but she should be getting enough to eat at other meals if this is the case.

Has she been to a doctor?  Is she overweight or underweight?  It could also be a metabolic condition.

working