jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I DO NOT know who my parents and relatives are what dna test do i do. It's a lon

1. profile image48
    ar93451posted 7 years ago

I DO NOT know who my parents and relatives are what dna test do i do.
    It's a long story

Asked question incorrectly previously

2. Smiley_Sneha profile image56
    Smiley_Snehaposted 7 years ago

Are you serious? Well, to the least of it you need someone you assume to be your parent / relative for that.

3. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 7 years ago

There are a lot of people who don't know who their parents are. If you want to do a DNA test you have to have someone that you assume is biologically related to you. I would also like to let you know that DNA tests are very expensive and take a long time to get results.

Be happy with who you are and the people that are in your life. Your parents are the people who raised you, not the ones who brought you into this world.

4. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 7 years ago

A DNA test won't do any good unless you have DNA to compare it to.
    It can take 6-12 months for results if you had something to compare it to.

5. profile image48
    dnatestposted 7 years ago

It's bit difficult but if you have any clue and suspecting some one as your parent, sure DNA Paternity option is with you but without this no one help you.

6. brassfield profile image58
    brassfieldposted 6 years ago

Firstly you have to find out who you are. That will involve finding your birth parents. This really has little to do with genealogy but may require significant research.

This is a common problem and there is a lot of information available on how to proceed.

Good luck!

working