jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If you were on the verge of being homeless, would you ask you family for help??

1. K Partin profile image58
    K Partinposted 7 years ago

If you were on the verge of being homeless, would you ask you family for help??

Isn't that what family is all about?

2. profile image48
    I MURPHYposted 7 years ago

It would depend on how your family treats you...IF they care about you ....the answer is yes....sometimes your pride needs to take a back seat.

3. pippap profile image85
    pippapposted 7 years ago

Fortunately, I am in a position where I could ask any family member to take me in.  I would ask if I had to because I have medical conditions that require shelter; but, I would NOT be happy about it.  I must add here that I would take in any family member that needed shelter in a heartbeat.

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I would ask my family for help before I got on the verge of being homeless.  That way the situation wouldn't be as dire and hopefully I wouldn't need as much help from them.

My parents would be pretty upset if my life got that out of control and I didn't ask for help.

5. Polly C profile image92
    Polly Cposted 7 years ago

Absolutely - and they would not hesitate to help. In fact, they would offer first if they realised I had such a problem, I'm sure of that. I wouldn't feel bad about asking, or embarrassed in any way.

6. Glimmer515 profile image73
    Glimmer515posted 7 years ago

I am very close with my family so I deff would, for others though i feel that its a sense of pride not to want to tell others they have failed

7. dutch84 profile image61
    dutch84posted 7 years ago

If you can't go to your family for help on the verge of homelessness, then you really need to re-evaluate your relationship with your family. That being said, I would definitely go to my family for help if I were on the verge of being homeless, unless of course I had been living with them and they are the ones who kicked me out! Then, I guess I'd probably go to a friend or a shelter or something.

8. justmsvegas profile image59
    justmsvegasposted 7 years ago

I was on the verge of being homeless with 3 kids, but I would'nt ask my family,because they would'nt try to help all they would do is tell other family members to have  something to talk about.

I am on the verge right now !
    again life is bad sometimes, only the strong servive

working