How do other mums organise their days? I feel I do nothing else but feeding and

1. new mum profile image54
    new mumposted 7 years ago

How do other mums organise their days? I feel I do nothing else but feeding and looking at baby!

Newborns are unbelievable! They are so lovely and yet so demanding! Half of my time am just a milk machine. The other half I split among chores: washing nappies, trying to feed the cat, trying to lean the house, trying to read a newspaper, trying to sort out my deadlines at university. And doing everything single-handed, cos she won't be at her pushchair or basket. I think she feels lonely! But I feel stuck in the house and it's not a nice feeling for somebody who was used to work about 12-14 hours a day!

2. scramble profile image64
    scrambleposted 7 years ago

NO doubt, its hard work and you have a lot on your plate. They do get less demanding as they get older but in a different way. Once they walk they'll be demanding attention too. Try to get as much help as you can and get stuff done around the house while they sleep. Its exhausting but you can only do your best and some things you'll just have to let slide.

3. GarnetBird profile image78
    GarnetBirdposted 7 years ago

You need time for yourself and your interests;  it's so hard when you have a baby to take care of!  I work at home (selling books on Amazon.com) and even that will not always fill the gap I feel at times (I used to be a teacher). Can someone watch your baby while you get your hair done or take a refreshing nature walk?  being house bound reminds me of a prison sentence!

working