jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

what do you think about mother-in -laws that make your life unbearable?

1. profile image48
    warm handsposted 7 years ago

what do you think about mother-in -laws that make your life unbearable?

2. profile image44
    OneillP17posted 7 years ago

Not a big fan of them much. The best thing to do in my experience is to avoid eye contact and direct conversation with them.  However if they do start to talk to you keep your responses short and to the point. Try hard not to reveal anything that they can use to embarass you!

3. Pearldiver profile image80
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Easy Answer Is.... " Hello (whatever her name is)..... I just want to say :   "-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------!!!!!"  "Cya!"

4. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I think it comes down to asking yourself (first) what is the problem?  I know, it's your mother-in-law.  That is not specific enough.  What is it regarding my mother-in-law that is a problem?  You have to be objective and honest in your assessment.  Once you can do that and write down the answer, then you ask yourself, "if I can resolve this issue, will that solve the problem?"  If the answer is "yes" then you now have defined the problem.  If the answer is "no" then you may need to return to step 1 and start over.  As long as you see the problem as just your mother-in-law, you probably will not be able to fix it, drill down and get to the meat of it and address that.  Look at it like this:  Your child spills a glass of milk on the kitchen floor and in the process also breaks the glass.  That is not the problem, it's the result.  The problem may more likely be letting the child use a real glass and letting the child carry it around in an open container.  Both of those issues are within your scope to address and solve.  Approach the situation with your mother-in-law in the same manner. Then solve the part that is "within your control". The rest you will have to raise with her as it becomes the part that is within "her control". Sometimes people do things that rile others without being conscious of it. Once you create the awareness, she may change her approach.  Good Luck! WB

5. outdoorsguy profile image57
    outdoorsguyposted 7 years ago

well a shovel and a large back yard..... NVM  LOL.   Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and mentally visualize all that you want to do with the Demon in law.  or as I liked to call mine.  The Bride of Satan.  or the Beast.   well those are the top two at any rate.  LOL

as far is goes.. you can also pray your wife or husband doenst end up like the inlaw.   if they do, again I suggest a shovel..... NVM.. maybe duct tape and plastic wrap... no thats too cliche.   

duct tape, honey, a large fire ant bed, a case of beer and a radio. 

okay maybe thats an over reaction.   but honestly it beats duct taping them to the grill of your truck and speeding down the highway. draws less attention too.   

LOL

6. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

You are not married to your mother inlaw you are not reqired to like her just make sure you dont let her faults effect you or your spouse.

working