jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do we use weekends productively?

1. CheapInMadrid profile image58
    CheapInMadridposted 7 years ago

Do we use weekends productively?

For people with office jobs or jobs away from home,and even home business owners,we all tend to not really take advantage of our weeekends to do the things we should be doing and not do the things we should not be wasting out time or energy doing.What do you think are the things we should consider doing and those we should not do to happily and productively spend our weekends?

2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I think we should, within the confines of law and decency, do exactly as we want at the weekends without having someone suggest to us that we are wasting them.

3. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

Good Day CheapInMadrid

American already work the most hours of any workers in the entire industrialized world. We even work more hour per week, on average, than the Japanese -- according to one authority I've heard on this topic, Professor of Economics, Rick Wolff. If he is correct, that is really saying something -- us outworking the Japanese!

I think we need to be less productive, therefore. Weekends are supposed to be our refuge. We could use the time "productively" in being with our families. But frankly, we don't get enough time off.

Again, according to Dr. Wolff, during the forty year period -- from the mid seventies to now, working hours for American workers went up by twenty percent (while real wages went nowhere); and yet for a Swedish, Italian, and German worker, working hours dropped, were reduced by twenty percent while wages increased.

Anyway... remember this, no one ever went to her grave saying "I wish I'd spent more time at the office."

4. profile image0
    askpowersposted 7 years ago

Its depends, our all other works like shopping, entertainment etc are the things which only can be done on weekends,
    weekends are basically made for enjoyment tongue

5. grejotte profile image77
    grejotteposted 7 years ago

I totally agree that we don't have enough time. 2 days of weekend isn't enough to really enjoy life! We shouldn't work that much... we don't have or take the time to really take care of us. So comes burn-outs, depressions...

6. europewalker profile image75
    europewalkerposted 7 years ago

People with a full time job should spend the weekends enjoying the things they like to do, a hobby, seeing a movie, going to a park, sports or spending time with family or friends. Too many people spend the weekend cleaning house or running errands. Sometimes it is good just to let the house go. It will still be there long after we are gone.

7. skillup profile image61
    skillupposted 7 years ago

You have to watch out for trying to be too productive. Burning out is bad for your average productivity. Sometimes it is best to relax more during the weekend, to prevent your brain from zoning out.

8. CheapInMadrid profile image58
    CheapInMadridposted 7 years ago

Wow,Im very impressed with all your answers.Its very thought provoking.For europewalker its true that weekend become more work though we are under illusion that we have our free time or our tim off.I suggest weput in our busy agenda TIME OFF meaning no plans or errands.For wingedcentaur,apart from your curious hubpages name which I LIKE,its totally mind-blowing how today after working mor or being MORE PRODUCTIVE we are in a GLOBAL FINANCIAL CRISIS while there is soo much more productity.On weekends LESS ISMORE should be our motto!Thanks for answering too MickS,gregoss,askpowers and skillup!!!!!

9. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

if you feel you are getting stuff down and that your day wasnt waisted then yes you are being productive my guess is you work all week rember you are not a supper hero taking some time off isnt a crime

working