hi, my name is Sarah in 20yo and im a single mum due to demesitc violance, i hav

1. profile image44
    Sarah 'n' jai.posted 7 years ago

hi, my name is Sarah in 20yo and im a single mum due to demesitc violance, i have a 21mth old...

son named Jai, he not long got out of hospital from being in ICU after swollowing a batterie we were in hospital 4 a month n a half...
    now that we r home he has turned into the biggest sook n i cant handle it i cant walk from 1 room 2 the other with out him cryin n screaming i cant go 2 the toilet or anything i just wanna no what i can do 2 help him calm down??????????  i dnt no what 2 do with him???

2. SteppingForward profile image58
    SteppingForwardposted 7 years ago

He might be use to having a ton of attention.  Maybe try spending (if you haven't already) fifteen minutes, one on one time a couple of times a day causing him to not feel so needy of you.  If that isn't it than you ruled out attention needing and can move on to something else, pain, hunger, tiredness.  Good luck, I'll say a prayer for you and your child. God Bless

3. Rosie2010 profile image78
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

I have two children of my own, but they are both grown.  But I still remember how stressful it was having little kids.  Your son Jai had a traumatic experience and you had stayed with him in the hospital for a month and half.  He felt safe then with your presence and got used to the attention.  Don't worry, it is quite normal, but I'm sure it is driving you up the walls.  But be patient. Try to leave him alone a minute assuring him you will be back.  He will cry, let him.  Then come back and say "See, I told you I'd be back."  Then do it a little longer and so on.  He will cry but let him.. until such time that he gets it.. you will be back.  Tough love is just that... tough.  I wish you all the best.  Come back and let us know what happens.

Have a nice day,
    Rosie

working