jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the best method for cleaning a toddler's teeth?

1. Bajangyrl2001 profile image73
    Bajangyrl2001posted 7 years ago

What is the best method for cleaning a toddler's teeth?

My 15 month old would let me clean her bottom with no problem, but put up a real fight to get her top teeth cleaned.

2. profile image48
    pmontalvoposted 7 years ago

Try to teach her how to do it in front of a mirror, buy showing her how you do it with your tooth brush!

3. Laurin Gatewood profile image66
    Laurin Gatewoodposted 7 years ago

I would make up a game, maybe you should go back to using a soft baby face cloth to clean her teeth top and bottom.  Right now, she may still feel uncomfortable with a toothbrush.

Laurin Gatewood

4. Texas-Lawyer profile image60
    Texas-Lawyerposted 7 years ago

Diligence, patience, and trying different methods, try consulting eith your pediatrician.

5. Monisajda profile image74
    Monisajdaposted 7 years ago

Maybe let her use one brush for fun and in meantime brush with another making sure you get to these hard to reach spaces.

6. _cheryl_ profile image81
    _cheryl_posted 7 years ago

Well first off, I'd build up anticipation for learning about cleaning teeth. Example; looking at pictures of babies brushing their teeth, watching videos of little ones cleaning their teeth, talking about it, having her watch you clean your teeth while you show her that it's fun, etc. You can start off just using your finger, and gradually move on to a "finger brush" which is a rubber device you put on that you can gently brush her teeth with. A washcloth over your finger can work as well. Basically get her used to the idea of cleaning your teeth as being fun, and it gets easier from there. smile

7. Bajangyrl2001 profile image73
    Bajangyrl2001posted 7 years ago

Thanks for the advice...now lets see how it goes smile

working