jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Ever say something to your kid you later regretted?

1. Plarson profile image59
    Plarsonposted 7 years ago

Ever say something to your kid you later regretted?

My mom wished upon my sister for her to have a child that would be three times as bad as she was being.  My sister did indeed have that child, but fell upon hard times and my parents adopted him from her.  Now they have a child three times worse than she was.  Good going mom!!

2. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Yes, I certainly did.

Any mother who tells you differently, has only a very young child in her care.

My Grandmother  ( who reared me ) told me that I would pay for my "raisin".  She did not tell me of the interest charges!

3. profile image57
    rieomposted 7 years ago

Definitely.  Kids can push your buttons like no others and sometimes we fail to remember they are the kid and us the adults.  I recently said something to my 3-year-old grandchild that I am appalled I said that and I am sure it will have repercussions for both of us.

4. Plarson profile image59
    Plarsonposted 7 years ago

Yeah those interest charges can sometimes me more than a handful!!  I myself was never blessed with kids, for one reason or the other.  Though I am very fond and close to my neices and nephews. I have watched and helped out both my brother and my sister with their kids and with the numerous calls in the night where they have reached what they thought was not only the end of their patience, but the "end of themselves".

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Oh yes, it happens on occasion.  But, I always tried to apologize and let them know how much they were loved.  They need to know that parents are human and make mistakes and that is is the right thing to do to apologize.

working