jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Has anyone ever, as a kid, put a car into neutral while it is parked on a sloped

1. leroy64 profile image82
    leroy64posted 6 years ago

Has anyone ever, as a kid, put a car into neutral while it is parked on a sloped surface?

I did this when I was a kid.  It was back in the 70's and I was supposed to be in a church service.  I missed all the other cars and someone helped  me get the car to stop.  I lied to my parents about knowing why the car was in a different spot.  I found out my mom had been informed of what happened by at least five different people.  For some reason, people loved to tell on me when I was a kid.  I was wondering if there were any similar stories floating around Hubpages.  Feel free to write hubs.

2. brittanytodd profile image94
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

I have never done this, but I have dreams about this.  I was afraid to stay in the car alone when I was little.  I'm glad you survived!

3. profile image0
    sestasikposted 6 years ago

Having moved to the mountains from the flatland, I did it once as an adult. (As a kid, there literally were NO hills where I grew up). My husband had a fit when I did it as an adult, and I've been very careful ever since!  Luckily I was in the car and able to stop it before it rolled into his pick up truck.

4. cre8ivOne profile image78
    cre8ivOneposted 6 years ago

I very stupidly had my car in park in my driveway, engine running and my two year old was in the front seat by this time as I was opening the old fashioned garage door that was two large wooden doors that slide to the left and right of the garage.  By the time I turned around my two year old was staring at me under the steering wheel eyes as big as saucers, she had put the car in neutral and I was suddenly pinned up against the garage door.  I don't remember this hurting but I had to push the car out of the way so I could get inside to shut it off!

Lesson here...don't unbuckle your child and leave the car running!

Closed to reply

working