jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I am a mum developing a new product and i want to know if mums out there would b

1. wilde1996 profile image55
    wilde1996posted 7 years ago

I am a mum developing a new product and i want to know if mums out there would buy it. I propose...

to you a rubber duck that will change either red or blue depending on the temperature of the water, (red = too hot, yellow = just right and blue = too cold.) it will be a practical yet fun product for you and your child. It will be made out of recycled plastic and will play music, once wound up, so no batteries required. please answer asap!!!Thank you.

2. Ivorwen profile image73
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

I am pretty sure that there are already ducks that change color if it is too hot on the market. 
    I haven't seen ones that change if it is too cold or play music though.

No, I wouldn't buy it.  I use the inside of my wrist to check the water temperature for my children's baths, and would rather not own extra stuff.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

It depends on the price, and whether or not it would catch my kid's attention. I can say that my five-year-old wouldn't care less about it now because it doesn't look like a robot, but it could be something useful for my baby daughter as she gets more playful in the bath. While the color-changing function is great, it wouldn't be worth it for that alone if my daughter just completely ignored it. My guess is that the main market would be to people putting together gift baskets for baby showers, because it's cute and useful, but that also means that the price would be a pretty big factor.

As for playing music -- I think that's an unnecessary addition, and that it would be very difficult to keep from getting water and gunk in the mechanics, and consequently rust, so it would likely give out pretty soon anyway. Kids that are young enough to enjoy a duckie are probably also ones that a parent wouldn't want to take both hands away from long enough to wind it up, and bath time is more for splashing and bubbles anyway. Personally, I think this is a feature that would just add cost and that not many people would like.

4. To Start Again profile image78
    To Start Againposted 7 years ago

I have to say I think its already been invented, and agree the addition of the music playing would be unnescesary.

working