At what point did you realize that it was up to you to take care of your kids al

1. A.A. Zavala profile image83
    A.A. Zavalaposted 7 years ago

At what point did you realize that it was up to you to take care of your kids alone?

Was there a specific event that was difficult to experience, but galvanized your spirit of independence?

2. Maggie-May profile image60
    Maggie-Mayposted 7 years ago

Wow! Great Question!  When I was three and a half months into my pregnancy I found out I was carrying twins. I had been a little worried about taking on such an important role in life, but something happened to me on that particular day when receiving the news... I became the most confident, determined, and proud individual..like a little switch had been turned on.  I no longer cared that the biological father had told me I was on my own, he no longer mattered but the babies did.  I was twenty-one then, and the only one thing I would change about my past , that's if I could, would have been to give my daughters a better father so they too could experience knowing a good man... A man to love them as unconditionally as I do... Their Grandfather has been able to provide them with some of that, but i do feel and know from experience that is pretty much the biggest downfall to single-parenting and to a well-rounded growth for each and every child... I use to think, if only...
    I hope I have answered your question, thanks for asking. I wouldn't change anything else... Single parenting is like any other parenting, it's a learning experience!!!

3. A.A. Zavala profile image83
    A.A. Zavalaposted 7 years ago

I've always wondered how single mothers persevere.  In evolutionary psychology there are theories that suggest that since mothers have the most investment (gestation) they find ways to take care of their young.  The one thing we didn't study, however, was love and how the emotion helps these mothers overcome difficult circumstances.  Thank you for sharing.

working