jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is love just our DNA talking?

1. edmondpogi profile image61
    edmondpogiposted 7 years ago

Is love just our DNA talking?

2. quester.ltd profile image60
    quester.ltdposted 7 years ago

Don't think so - certainly not totally. If you are talking true love then most definitively, the soul is a big part of the decision.
    If you are lucky enough to meet your soul mate, you will know within the first few minutes. Now you may be like me; I did not want anything to do with him - had had my fill of men and did not want another one in my life.
    But in he came, and that was many years ago!

3. AbsoluteJeanius profile image60
    AbsoluteJeaniusposted 7 years ago

I don't think so.  Physical attraction might be, though!

4. profile image0
    GermanDelightposted 7 years ago

That is a great question.

I know from my own experience that love may not be only physical, but it is the first component that needs to be compatible between two people falling in love.

If the physical part doesn't feel comfortable then there might not be a chance to get to know a person on a deeper level.

As an example , years ago I was very interested in a young man and liked him , but I couldn't stand the way he smelled and I am not talking about bo, but more like his own scent. I just couldn't get past it and I realized this must be the genetic make up of his body.

I am wondering if he felt the same way, but it was too embarrassing to discuss it at the time.