jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How did you switch from baby formula to cows milk? And how old was your baby?

1. AustralianNappies profile image80
    AustralianNappiesposted 6 years ago

How did you switch from baby formula to cows milk? And how old was your baby?

2. workingmomwm profile image83
    workingmomwmposted 6 years ago

My daughter was a year old when we switched, at the pediatrician's recommendation. It was really easy. We just put milk in her bottle one day instead of formula, and she took right to it! We didn't even have to heat it.

Now, if we can just get her to give up the bottle ...

3. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

At 1 year old as recommended by the doctor.  We just put cow's milk (whole milk / full fat milk) in the sippy cup instead of formula.  My first child didn't like it much but did eventually take it... my second child took to it a bit better.  About a week after switching everything was fine, they seemed to have 'forgotten' about the formula altogether.

4. ThePracticalMommy profile image94
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

When my son turned one, we mixed a little bit of milk into his formula bottle and gave it to him that way for a few days. After that it was more and more milk. I'd say it took about a week and a half to make the transition.

A note: Make sure the milk is full fat for at least the first year of giving it to the baby. That kind of fat is important for a baby's growth during that time. Afterwards you can switch to 2% or whatever else your doctor suggests.

working