jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What brand of baby formula is the best?

1. nmdonders profile image83
    nmdondersposted 3 years ago

What brand of baby formula is the best?

2. pippap profile image87
    pippapposted 3 years ago

The best brand of baby formula is breast milk.  The biggest gift you can give your child is to breastfeed (if possible).  Breast milk clears the digestive tract of the newborn and aids in passing the meconium in the baby's digestive tract.  Besides being perfectly balanced for your baby, breast milk passes along any and all resistance/immunities you have developed to disease over your lifetime.

It is free, always the right temperature, requires no preparation, always readily available and nothing needs to be sterilized.

Contact your local La Leche group if you need more information.

3. peeples profile image96
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

All formula in the U.S.A is regulated. It all has to meet the same quality requirements. There is no real difference in most of them. When giving an infant processed powder, really the only difference will be up to your child's tummy. Different children tolerate different formulas.

4. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

With the two infants I was unable to breastfeed, I used Similac Soy Isomil and Carnation formula. The shelf life was adequate for both, and they both met FDA requirements. While Carnation, I feel, smells better and is easier for infants' digestive track, Isomil was recommended for one of my daughters when she proved to be allergic to breast milk.

I noticed someone mentioned the La Leche Society. In my opinion, this organization is best to avoid as, in my experience, some of these people are very unwilling to understand some infants are allergic to milk and that some women are unable to produce milk. If you wish to breastfeed, goddess bless you! But don't feel pressured into doing anything that might prove unhealthy for you or your infant. I wish you the best of luck for you and your baby smile

working