jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How does a tight family stay close when employments pulls them far apart?

1. Winter Maclen profile image73
    Winter Maclenposted 6 years ago

How does a tight family stay close when employments pulls them far apart?

How does a close knit family stay close when one adult child and grandchildren move across the county for their dad's job?  My son-in-law has joined the Army and is going to be stationed across the county from our home, relocaqting my daughter and granddaughter.  We want to keep close.

2. Hound Cat profile image58
    Hound Catposted 6 years ago

All my family are dead, but we were very close.  Only one brother was a wanderer due to job committments.  I still have cousins, but they are very Evil.

3. lovelife08 profile image61
    lovelife08posted 6 years ago

Telephone regularly, if not everyday, a couple times a week.  Communicate often and let each other know what all goes on.  Plan a visit every so often by both parties.

4. SueShepard profile image57
    SueShepardposted 6 years ago

Skype if you can or video chat. Check into costs and things like that, I'm not sure what all is involved. I think the actual visual of seeing each other is the next best thing to being there.

5. sholland10 profile image91
    sholland10posted 6 years ago

Today with "free" long distance on cell phones and cable service, calling is a great way to stay in touch.  Skype is also a great way to see and talk to family who live far away.  I have found that Facebook is a great way to just keep up with everyone all at once, and you get to share pictures and daily occurrences.  Keep them close whichever way is the most convenient for you. I still e-mail, but I found with Facebook that I am in contact with more of my relatives than any other way. :-)

6. LeslieAdrienne profile image77
    LeslieAdrienneposted 6 years ago

Revive an old family tradition.... have Sunday dinner together. That is if the county isn't so big that you can't drive across it in an hour and a half.

working