jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you use skype to contact friends and family? I find that it makes our connec

1. sam3m profile image60
    sam3mposted 6 years ago

Do you use skype to contact friends and family?  I find that it makes our connection closer than

with just a phone.

2. HSanAlim profile image67
    HSanAlimposted 6 years ago

I have just started using skype but I understand your point. For over 5 years we have used yahoo messenger and for at least the last three years it has had video chat too.

Indeed it is a wonderful benefit of technology that we can stay in touch with loved ones like this.

The technology is also extremely helpful in communicating with customers.

3. alexpanait profile image60
    alexpanaitposted 6 years ago

I usually use skype for work / business calls and phone for short family but I think I'm an exception because I leave near all my family members.

4. cardelean profile image92
    cardeleanposted 6 years ago

We have been using skype for the last couple of months with my mom who lives out of town.  My kids love "talking to grandma on the computer."  I agree, it really keeps the bond closer.

5. Kate Spenser profile image82
    Kate Spenserposted 6 years ago

Yes! I recently moved from Massachusetts to Texas, and all of my family still lives in New England. I love using Skype to keep in touch with them, especially my 3 year old sister and my nephews, because they change and grow so much so quickly! It's a lot of fun to be able to "see" them frequently.

6. acewebdesign profile image60
    acewebdesignposted 6 years ago

I use Skype. It keeps me close to all my friends,  Business people. The great part of it is it works even at the very slower rate of internet speeds.

7. frugalfamily profile image76
    frugalfamilyposted 6 years ago

I have not tried skype yet.  I have used yahoo for years and lately I've been using google talk.

8. thefamilytoolkit profile image60
    thefamilytoolkitposted 6 years ago

I think both Skype and Facetime (for mac computers, iPads and iPhones) are great tools to keep in touch.  It's so much better for the people to see each other while they talk!  My only challenge is sometimes my parents or grandparents encounter technical difficulties, they get frustrated and stop trying.  I've tried creating step-by-step instructions (with visuals) to help them but it doesn't seem to work.  Oh well, we'll keep trying.

working