jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does your family have any strange, odd, or unique traditions?

1. nikki_m profile image83
    nikki_mposted 6 years ago

Does your family have any strange, odd, or unique traditions?

In my family, one person every year gets a (VERY) ugly red faux-crocodile skin giant purse for Christmas (filled with wonderful goodies of course!) and that person has to keep the ugly talisman all year until they can gift it next Christmas. Does your family have any odd traditions?

2. miz_debi profile image58
    miz_debiposted 6 years ago

We set up a nativity scene and make hills and put moss etc. We move the 3 Kings closer to baby Jesus until January 6th. But I love your tradition, it seems fun!

3. Happyboomernurse profile image86
    Happyboomernurseposted 6 years ago

My sister and I call each other (we live 1000 miles apart) on our deceased brother's birthday every year and sing happy birthday to him. He died a decade ago just before his 45th birthday and it's our way of keeping his memory alive within our hearts. It's not that we don't think of him at other times, but rather that his birthday is a special time set aside to honor his memory.

4. billericky profile image65
    billerickyposted 6 years ago

I have one that I do every year just after Christmas. I always write down what my objectives are for the next year. I then put it inside the Christmas decoration box. The next year, when I open the box, I either get smug or unhappy depending on what I have achieved compared to my goals.

My missus on the other hand, has a daily tradition of waking up miserable and being moody till about midday.

5. Phil The Gain profile image64
    Phil The Gainposted 6 years ago

Every New Years Eve my fam and I, we eat beans and drink beer all day and at the stroke of midnight we have farting battles.  Who needs guns?

6. profile image0
    lostwithinmyselfposted 6 years ago

Since being with my husband he has a weird one, The kids have their presents in the morning on Christmas day, but he saves some for after dinner too and has now started leaving some for boxing day. We also have to wear our hats at dinner or he goes mad lol. x