jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you prefer the same dinner every year for Thanksgiving?

1. Chasing Riley profile image85
    Chasing Rileyposted 6 years ago

Do you prefer the same dinner every year for Thanksgiving?

Many of us have traditional family recipes that we eat every Thanksgiving. Whether you are the cook or just the guest, do you like to have the same things every year or do you like to try new recipes?

2. Modern Greetings profile image54
    Modern Greetingsposted 6 years ago

I think holidays and traditions go hand and hand. Then again, it's up to you how you shape those traditions.

I myself wouldn't have thanksgiving any other way then the old fashioned turkey, stuffing, and pumpkin pie.

3. stars439 profile image74
    stars439posted 6 years ago

Great question. I love the same dinner we have which is turkey, ham, pie, yams, dressing made with herbs, and stuff. I also like new things on the table if we can add them. Good food is hard to resist. Happy Thanksgiving Precious Heart.

God Bless You.

4. wendymckee profile image60
    wendymckeeposted 6 years ago

absolutely!  It's turkey, turkey, turkey.

5. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Yes and no. I always love some ham instead of turkey. However, I like to switch up the vegetables and sides.

6. ithabise profile image84
    ithabiseposted 6 years ago

So funny because I just now finished preparing the recipe and mailing it to all-comers. Last year we did a non-traditional meal, which was nice but still all the comfort foods we enjoy regularly. This year we're sticking with non-traditional; but since I'm in charge it will be "non-traditional traditional". This means all the basic foods we tend to have for Thanksgiving but done from exquisite recipes. Only the main course will be different: salmon and shrimp.

7. profile image0
    Poetic Foolposted 6 years ago

Sure do!  We only put out that same spread one time a year so it's not like we have a chance to get tired of it.

8. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

YES! Thanksgiving comes once a year and traditions are both enjoyable and fun to observe.

working