Are there amy parents of autistic children out there on Hubpages?

1. TMApsey profile image77
    TMApseyposted 6 years ago

Are there amy parents of autistic children out there on Hubpages?

Over the summer my six year old son was diagnosed with PDD-NOS, and aside from working with the school to get him the help he needs, I'm not sure what the next steps are. Any advice and tips would be very appreciated.

2. Mcham Law profile image57
    Mcham Lawposted 6 years ago

I'm sorry I'm not a parent of an autistic child but my heart goes out to you. I hope you find the support you need.

3. LilaDaley profile image61
    LilaDaleyposted 5 years ago

My 13 year old daughter has a dx of high functioning autism.

I did a lot of research on the web and for the most part in the beginning when she was initially dx'ed with Asperger's I read everything about "symptoms".  My suggestion is to read and get a grasp on what things he could exhibit then move on to find groups that help with how to deal with the dx.  All kids show different symptoms and really you know your child better than any website.  Knowing how to help with those things is way more important than knowing what they could be.  I am part of a yahoo Asperger's group that is very helpful.  They answer questions and give ideas as they are all going through issues with their kids.

I know what works for my daughter and what doesn't.  Stay on the school for what you know he needs.  Don't let them take advantage of you since you are new to it.

If you want to talk more in depth let me know.