jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I need suggestions! What do I do with my kids over the summer so we don't drive

1. ravenlt04 profile image65
    ravenlt04posted 6 years ago

I need suggestions!  What do I do with my kids over the summer so we don't drive each other mad?

2. puddingicecream profile image75
    puddingicecreamposted 6 years ago

Suggestions:
    -summer day camp
    -summer sleepaway camp
    -summer programs
    -summer classes (about an hour a day)
    -family vacation
    -local playgrounds
    -museums
    -fairs
    -amusement parks
    -exhibitions
    -library programs
    -individual arts & crafts projects
    -bbqs, parties, sleepovers
    -obstacle course in backyard to play
    -sprinklers in backyard to play
    -inflatable pool

3. mepm2011 profile image60
    mepm2011posted 6 years ago

Love them....love them....love them!!!!  They won't drive you mad if they know you love and care about them.  A lot of times children act up because they want attention.  Take some time and play a game with your children....you will be surprised at how wonderful your children are when you take the time to really get to know them.  THEN listen to their wants and needs because children are really interested in telling you what they want and need if you will REALLY LISTEN to them.

4. BrainSpace profile image61
    BrainSpaceposted 6 years ago

Im not sure how old your kids are or what gender, but here are a few ideas that worked for me and my siblings when we were younger:

Arts & crafts
    skating
    coloring
    dressing up and doing skits
    library
    playing outside jump rope, hula hoop, riding bikes
    Reading/writing stories
    singing (creating a family band for fun)
    planting a small garden

5. ravenlt04 profile image65
    ravenlt04posted 6 years ago

Cool suggestions!  Thanks!  I've done a lot of these things.  And I have noticed that my 7 and 3 year old got on my nerves most when I didn't plan anything for them to do or acted like it didn't want to be bothered on a couple of occasions.

We went to the Center for Puppetry, to the free programs at the library, to the park, to Savannah to visit my parents and the beach, to the movies (including the $1 and $2 movies), and I enrolled them in a couple of week long camps.  They also stayed with the grandparents for a week.  We played games, read, and watched movies together and played with bubbles and balls outside at home too.

working