jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

My first child, a boy, will be born next month, best advice you can give this so

1. Sciborgs profile image59
    Sciborgsposted 6 years ago

My first child, a boy, will be born next month, best advice you can give this soon to be dad?

2. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Remember that they are their own person, with their own personality from the moment they're born. Way too many parents seem to forget that, and inadvertently try to treat a child like a possession or impose the parent's own personality on the kid. Nope, this one isn't from me, I've only had two kids -- my husband answered this one for me to pass on, and after six he has gotten acquainted with a VERY wide range of personalities from his kids.

3. Cruel Irony profile image61
    Cruel Ironyposted 6 years ago

First off... Congrats! Being a parent is a wonderful adventure. I am the mother of two little boys. My best advice is :
    1. Be Consistent.
    2. Be Aware ( a two foot child has a 4 foot reach)
    3. Laugh
    4. Remember when you were little ( put yourself in the baby's shoes so to speak)
    5. Set an example of how you want him to be by being that yourself.
    6. when in doubt... check it out. ( better to be safe than sorry)
    7. Keep mommy happy.
    Good luck! I wish for you many years of happiness.

4. profile image0
    Vanessa McKayposted 6 years ago

Congratulations your life is about to change for the better in ways you can only begin to imagine.  You are already on your way to being a great parent because you are asking questions.

My advice to any new parent is to love the child and  love his mother.  Children need to know that their home environment is stable and loving.  This is what they will remember the most when they grow up not the toys, the friends and gadgets but the love that filled their homes.

working