jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What is the best advice your parents gave you?

1. Akwasi Maru profile image90
    Akwasi Maruposted 15 months ago

What is the best advice your parents gave you?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13266917_f260.jpg

2. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 15 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12039645_f260.jpg

Get at least a college education.   Don't marry until one is established socioeconomically & have travelled the world.   Don't have more than 2 children.  Always save & invest for the future.   Always plan & organize if one is to succeed.

Akwasi Maruposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Great Advice, but traveling the world is tough.

3. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 15 months ago

Learn how to take care of yourself because no one else is going to...

Akwasi Maruposted 15 months agoin reply to this

That was great advice Cecelia.

2. profile image0
      Cissy1946posted 15 months agoin reply to this

Yes it was and, at 70, it's still working...

4. Jade89 profile image83
    Jade89posted 14 months ago

My dad when I was upset / crying / stressed about a situation:
    Don't worry and be upset. There may be a storm today, but the sun will shine again tomorrow smile

5. Jane51 profile image34
    Jane51posted 12 months ago

My parents brought me up to have good manners to love people and be forgiving. Any advice my parents gave me is based on the Christian principles they learned to love from Gods word. I think children in this day have sadly no faith and do not have the security of being taught both at home and in school the real reason they are on this earth...To Glorify God.
    God created the earth and made it perfect. Man chose to disobey God and sin has been the consequence.
    God loved us so much he planned a way we could come back to him and that was through the death of his Son Jesus on the cross. I am thankful I was raised in a home where my parents told me about this amazing story from I was very little. I made the choice at 13yrs to put my trust in the Saviour who will take me one day to heaven. I do not push what I believe on people and neither does God force anyone to believe and trust in him but he gives us a free will to choose. I pray for my friends and family and can tell you that I know you will not regret choosing to have the Lord Jesus in your life. He is with me in bad times and good and is the answer to a troubled life and mind.
    Come unto me all you that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest Matthew 11 v 8

Akwasi Maruposted 12 months agoin reply to this

You were raised well!

working