jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Does anyone really like the "Year in review" letters people put in their Christm

1. James Halpin profile image69
    James Halpinposted 6 years ago

Does anyone really like the "Year in review" letters people put in their Christmas Cards?

I like them from my cousin because her and her family live a good distance away so we don't get to see them much.  My Aunt on the other hand who lives near-by and we see quite often, it seems like bragging.  Mainly because we've heard about their summer vacation in Germany at the Labor Day picnic and Thanksgiving.

2. tillsontitan profile image89
    tillsontitanposted 6 years ago

Yes, as long as they don't contain too much detail about family members I don't know AND they're from people I don't see on a regular basis.

3. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

I like getting the Christmas Card letters as there are some old friends that I do not hear from all through the year. But come Christmas time I look for their card as I know that there will be a letter inside.

4. Happyboomernurse profile image85
    Happyboomernurseposted 6 years ago

I love getting them, especially from those I don't get to see often, but even from those I do get to see. That may be because the friends and family members who send them are very entertaining and also reflective in the way they write the year's review.

5. shea duane profile image60
    shea duaneposted 6 years ago

I hate them... especially when the writer tries to be clever...
    i.e. 'Mary, that little over achiever, was on the high honor roll again and has set her mind on Harvard even though she’s only in 2nd grade!'
    'We spent Susie’s birthday at the Drake Hotel, the nicest hotel in NYC, and caught both the Lion King and Mary Poppins on Broadway. We sat 4 rows from the action at both shows!'
    Sometimes I feel like writing an absurd year in review just to blow people's minds.

6. FloraBreenRobison profile image58
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

I enjoy getting them from people who do not live near me. Otherwise, I don't want them.

7. mythicalstorm273 profile image77
    mythicalstorm273posted 6 years ago

I enjoy getting them from certain people.  I like getting them from old friends because it keeps me in touch with them, but once I got one from my boyfriends Aunt and Uncle and we see them almost every weekend during the summer and it was just strange and sounded like bragging because everything was so over done.  Also I am not religious and they kept putting in thanks to God things.  It just got on my nerves.  I believe you should pick who you send them to and not just send them to everybody... but at the same time sometimes it is nice to read up on it in case you missed something.  Also I can just throw it away so I guess it doesn't really bother me.