jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you channel a child's energy toward something positive?

1. glassvisage profile image90
    glassvisageposted 6 years ago

How do you channel a child's energy toward something positive?

2. instantlyfamily profile image82
    instantlyfamilyposted 6 years ago

OK, lets talk about energy! I have an eight year old son, diagnosed with ADHD. He is always on the move. However, with encouragement he has learned and developed a strong love for reading. It's one of the only times I see his body and mind in a relaxed state. I also encourage writing in his journal, daily. It was a struggle in the begining but now his writing and creativity have developed two full grade levels above. I also encourage outside activities with the family, often. He is doing great!

3. tomy101 profile image72
    tomy101posted 6 years ago

Give the child motivation, a treat if you will, and explain all the good that will become of this positive change.Make it a challenge , award points , and points add up to money for video games or movies. If strapped for cash, positively find all the good about this new channel that the child's energy will now flow, and be ready to back up the negative feedback you may receive from your child.

4. TheTruthasIseeit profile image61
    TheTruthasIseeitposted 6 years ago

Sports are great for energetic kids (so, all kids!). I let my children decide if they want to play, but explain that once they sign up they are committed to stick it out for the season, even if they don't like it. Sports teach children so much and provide a great outlet for all of that energy they have! Sign your child up today!!!

working