jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How often do you tell those that mean the most to you that you love them?

1. gshill profile image59
    gshillposted 6 years ago

How often do you tell those that mean the most to you that you love them?

The older I get the more I realize how short life on earth is.  I take every opportunity to tell those that mean so much to me and my life how much I love them and how much I appreciate them being in my life.  I make it a point not to end a conversation or meeting without telling that person or persons that I love them.  I want that to be the last thing remembered of me when I pass ~ the fact that I loved them.  Those that really know me knows that love will carry on to eternity and by the grace of God, they will still be with me through eternity!  How often do you tell your loved ones?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5653515_f260.jpg

2. thebluestar profile image79
    thebluestarposted 6 years ago

I tell my dear ones every day that I love them. I write poetry to acknowledge that they are precious to me and I share it with everyone who will read. I don't care who is in the house when I visit, no one matters more to me than my loved ones and I am proud to say "I love you".

3. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

I was raised in a non demonstrative home and found it difficult to say these words. My siblings and I have started to say these words over the last few years as we realize that time is short and it's time to tell those who mean something to us "I Love you" before it's too late.
    Life isn't guaranteed so live in the present and show your love .

4. Dexter Yarbrough profile image82
    Dexter Yarbroughposted 6 years ago

Probably not often enough. Time to improve. Thanks!

5. profile image0
    lavender3957posted 6 years ago

Every single day or as much as I talk with them. I spread the love to everyone over the internet for those I don't get to see or talk to. I love my friends and family.

6. thumbi7 profile image65
    thumbi7posted 6 years ago

I often forget or ignore telling them directly that I love them. But, I believe my actions and attitude speak volumes and that conveys how I feel for them. In our family we feel connected to each other and are there for each other in times of need. But that doesn't mean that we don't fight. We fight more times than we say we care for each other.

7. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

every day. when i was a kid, love was almost a bad word in our house except between my parents and my little sister. she was the golden child. in my family, we say we love each other before we go out and at bedtime. sometimes i'll say it to my wife or kids just because i get the urge and so do they.

8. jencooper profile image61
    jencooperposted 6 years ago

I tell the ones that mean the most to me that I love them multiple times a day.  The ones outside my immediate family get the I love you when ever  I see them.

working