jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you train your child to use potty/ toilet ?

1. emdi profile image73
    emdiposted 6 years ago

How do you train your child to use potty/ toilet ?

we bought a potty for our 2 year old. The problem is she is so excited about it that she don't want to come out. She think it is a toy and like to sit back there (unfortunately we just have one toilet at home). Even though she enjoys sitting there, we don't think she actually used it . Even more interesting thing is, she like to flush every 3 minutes and likes to use the entire roll to to wipe. We are puzzled what to do.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5850483_f260.jpg

2. Sky9106 profile image74
    Sky9106posted 6 years ago

Hope this would sound exactly the way you interpret. Kids are the extension of us, that starts out helpless, and I love them. They , for the most part are the very best students any one can have ,especially when they belongs to us.

So it's time for potty training means , it's time for you to get to work .
    Starting from what you have already successfully done. This becomes another. Something that also works is to show them what you do with the waste, and slowly let them do it with you around. Same like showing them to peal a banana.

From what you already got to know of your child about his/her usage of the pampers, the look on their faces, how they behave during that time .
    But the only possible way is by you showing the child..

Bless.

3. lmarsh1203 profile image61
    lmarsh1203posted 6 years ago

According to my Pediatrician, you don't actually train your kids. Kids won't be able to use the toilet until they can control their urges. So that being said, I don't think it's bad to use positive reinforcement to teach your child what the toilet is. I would start by having your two-year old watch you use the toilet so they see how it works. Then put your two-year old on the toilet. If she goes then reward her with praise or possibly some other treat. This will introduce your child to the toilet. Then let her tell you when she wants to use it.

4. Leaderofmany profile image60
    Leaderofmanyposted 6 years ago

The child will train when she is ready, what 5 year-old do you know that wears a diaper to school? Forcing a child to train can only cause problems latter in life, just ask Freud.

working