jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is it easier to "Potty Train" girls than boys?

1. Avamum profile image85
    Avamumposted 7 years ago

Is it easier to "Potty Train" girls than boys?

2. hobsdv profile image60
    hobsdvposted 7 years ago

i have 2 girls and 1 boy and the girls where the easiest by far

3. kazemaru2 profile image56
    kazemaru2posted 7 years ago

It is harder as girls can be a little more fussy and you have to teach them the concept of front to back wiping.

4. Loveslove profile image58
    Lovesloveposted 7 years ago

I had 2 boys and a girl ,I didnt find one harder than the other but  you need infinate patience..all mine were potty trained before they were a year old.

5. Boogr profile image66
    Boogrposted 7 years ago

I have always heard that girls were easier. But I do not know... My stepson is still working on it, we got custody of him right at 3 years old, and his mom was using pull ups as diapers, so it was really hard for us. He is going to be four soon, and his visits with his mom are taking major steps backwards in our process. He will go in the toilet, but not unless we tell him to. So good luck to you!

6. mandyf profile image65
    mandyfposted 7 years ago

not really I think with boys you just have to make it more interesting more creative we tried months to potty train my son and one day I was told by another mother that fruit loops in the toilet made to sink would work 2 days later he was going on his own with handfuls of fruitloops in the toilet...lol but at least he was going where he should

7. profile image53
    kyberposted 6 years ago

I found it easier to potty train my daughter but my son took to going to the potty by watching his older sister.  Boys tend not to be into potty training as much as girls.

8. hobbynob profile image79
    hobbynobposted 6 years ago

I think so. Girls are just ready to do things more organized, sooner, in my opinion... for general tips on potty training, see my new hub today for a laugh...

http://hobbynob.hubpages.com/hub/Gueril … ll-Pay-Off