jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How late do you let your 16 year olds stay out until?

1. eye say profile image80
    eye sayposted 6 years ago

How late do you let your 16 year olds stay out until?

and do you know where they are?

2. bettybarnesb profile image60
    bettybarnesbposted 6 years ago

Actually, all of my children are now grown; however, when they were 16, it depdended upon what type of event they were attending. Example, basketball game possibly 10:30 pm, dance at school 11:00 pm, concert 12:30 am or movie 11:00 pm. If they missed the time set to be home without a valid excuse, it was probably some type of punishments as a result.

3. Virtual Treasures profile image59
    Virtual Treasuresposted 6 years ago

On weekends or non-school nights until midnight, unless there is a special event.  If I am ever unsure of where they are, I make them send me a picture of their surroundings.  One time my daughter told me she was at her friend's grandfathers house and I asked her to send me a picture of him.  As soon as she started coming up with excuses of why she couldn't send it, I knew she was being untruthful about where she was at.  She had to come home immediately and she was grounded for two weeks.  I also have the gps tracer on their phones through Sprint.  It's easier to let them stay out later if you always have ways to track them!

4. xethonxq profile image62
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I have a 16 (almost 17) year old. She generally has to be home on a school night by 9pm. On the weekend, if there is a HS game or some event usually she needs to come home after that. If it's Homecoming or Prom then she gets a later curfew...generally 12:30a or 1a. Regardless of what time we give her she needs to text us throughout the night to let us know where she is...especially if she and her friends are going different places. Trust has to be there...and yes she has screwed up from time to time, but overall she's a good kid and hangs out with the right kids too.

Virtual Treasures...I LOVE the idea of sending pictures. I'm going to start having her do that too. God, I love this site...always gives me great ideas!! smile Thanks!!

working