jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Whats the best age to have kids?

1. cmlindblom profile image74
    cmlindblomposted 6 years ago

Whats the best age to have kids?

I am young and already started having kids. I sometimes see older couples with children the same age as my own and think they are going to be very old once their kids finally leave the house. I know it's a personal decesion but I'm wondering what you all think.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6031227_f260.jpg

2. habee profile image94
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I had my kids when I was young, and I'm glad I did. I now have 8 grandkids, and I'm still young enough to really enjoy them. I don't think there's a "perfect age" for having children, however. Every couple is different, and what's right for one family won't be right for every family.

3. kevins blog52 profile image77
    kevins blog52posted 6 years ago

Well Cmlindblom I didnt have kids till I was in my thirdys, and it is hard to keep up with them and do all the things like ball games and sporting events.As for when they leave the nest, mine never did they just brought more of them home.I do love my grand daughter though.

4. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

If possible, the age will be 18 - 21. Why?

My reason is simple. At least you will have more time with your child when they are growing up and you will be able to witness their children and even grandchild.

This will be having 3 generations under one roof.

Unfortunately, we were not fortunate to have our first child at that age because I have yet to know my wife.

5. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

Whenever the Lord decides to bless you with children.  To use birth control pills is to murder the unborn child within you.  It is a child, not "a fetus".  So whenever the Lord blesses you with a child!

6. xethonxq profile image63
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I think 25-35 is a good age range to have kids. Old enough that you got your "it's all about me" stage over and young enough that you won't be in an old age home by the time they graduate high school. smile

7. The Blagsmith profile image78
    The Blagsmithposted 6 years ago

I was 39, when my wife had our first child. Since then we had another child. The more mature parents are, the wider their life experiences are, and this can certainly have an impact on bringing children up better.

However, older parents lose out on agility and physical fitness. This benefits younger parents who can give so much more of themselves in play to entertain their children.

8. rutley profile image73
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

Started at 18, had the last when I was 38.  Pregnant the same time as my daughter-in-law.  These two 11 year olds have a hard time explaining that they are uncle and neice.  Had 5 altogether.  One husband.  Can you believe that?
    No else seems to.  5 grandkids and counting and I'm 49.  I'm tired.  It's hard to still have young ones of your own and the grandkids come over and it's pure chaos.
    Love them all but.....CALGON take me away already!

9. Brainy Bunny profile image94
    Brainy Bunnyposted 6 years ago

I'm happy having had my two at 26 and 30, but in my area it is much more common for parents to be older, so I missed out on a lot of bonding with my peers. My kids' friends' parents range in age from 42–54, and I'm only 35. It's a little tough for me to make friends!

working