jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What kind of parent do you think you are?

1. RAcquel Fontenot profile image61
    RAcquel Fontenotposted 6 years ago

What kind of parent do you think you are?

2. SimpleGiftsofLove profile image80
    SimpleGiftsofLoveposted 6 years ago

An understanding forgiving, loving, responsible one.

3. april holland profile image86
    april hollandposted 6 years ago

I would hope a strong one for my kids.  I love them no matter what.

4. MsDora profile image94
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

I think I put some really good effort into parenting, but I know that I fell short in several areas.  However, I'm still as active a parent as I can be.  I love my children unconditionally, and I pray for their well-being every day.,

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I believe that my husband and i were good parents, steady, strong and with great senses of humor  Because we had unhappy childhoods ourselves we worked our behinds off to be good, loving, and fair parents.

6. delaneyworld profile image80
    delaneyworldposted 6 years ago

I think I am a compassionate mom who knows I do not know everything.  I am continuing to learn every day how to be a better mom.  My life with my daughter is a journey and as each year passes, we find new ways to relate to one another. 

I have a tendency to be a bit too lenient, but at the same time we spend time every evening chatting about the day and our experiences.  I want my daughter to know that I am always here for her.  I also know that I will make mistakes and I want her to know that is okay too. 

Being a mom is one of the biggest challenges I have faced and is also my greatest joy.

7. profile image50
    Itsdarkinhere666posted 6 years ago

Be very careful in trying to evaluate what "type" of parent you may be. There are WAY too many variables involved with guiding a new life into an ever changing society to allow yourself to be arrogant enough to think there is one proper path. Don't even try, if you think you can find the single, perfectly proper path, you're a moron. Don't abuse your child (striking, verbal degradation, kicking, pinching, etc) unless they are an out-of-control monster that has been consistant in evil acts for at least 5 year period......... smile-only partially serious.
    As an Atheist and skeptic of all things spiritual, the best phrase I ever heard and the best guidence that I can think of for our children is "do unto others as you would have done unto you". Pretty basic. Life, love, politics, religion, hate, bias, opinion, perspective, etc. will all come to the child based on their own personal experiences in the generation and society they find themselves living in. Don't get me wrong, you can try to guide and influence, but don't think you can create. It is a waste of time. Hold them close, tell them that you love them and tell them that you are proud of their efforts, there is nothing more you can do that is tangible. If you think you are doing something different, and it makes you feel good, that works too......