jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What are some Family Traditions or Rituals from childhood you treasure?

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image90
    MomsTreasureChestposted 6 years ago

What are some Family Traditions or Rituals from childhood you treasure?

2. Jewelz1313 profile image80
    Jewelz1313posted 6 years ago

We always get to open one present on Christmas Eve.

3. Hawkesdream profile image70
    Hawkesdreamposted 6 years ago

When we were children, our favourite tea was a picnic tea.  We used to look forward to them and pester our Mum until she gave in.

It took us a long time to realize that this was the easy option for her, and she only argued with us so that we would think it really special.

The 'picnic tea' was when all the cake tins, loaf of bread, butter and a variety of jams were put on the table for us to help ourselves.

Mum had little washing up, no preparation at all, and we just loved it.

My children grew up thinking this was a very specal tea too.

4. profile image0
    oldandwiseposted 6 years ago

Enjoying daily exchanges with the family, as we all sit down for dinner together.

5. MummyDearest profile image47
    MummyDearestposted 6 years ago

My mum's special vegetarian dish on the first day of Chinese New Year! I miss it since I am living abroad now and didn't get to go home this year.

6. lorenmurcia profile image89
    lorenmurciaposted 6 years ago

I miss our daily afternoon chat as a family. We would gather at the living room and told stories of the day. Each of us 9 children would take turn telling stories or experiences. The whole room would be filled with laughter.

Another one is the family dinner. Our father would always wait for each of us and we would eat together. Needless to say, we admire and love our parents for the kind of upbringing they gave us.

7. annart profile image86
    annartposted 6 years ago

Going for a walk on the South Downs on Boxing Day in the snow!  It was a yearly event with my parents, my cousins and their parents and we usually went back to our house for hot soup or mince pies, or both!  Lots of fun throwing snowballs, making snowmen and watching our breath on the cold air.  The only trouble now is that there isn't so much snow any more and I live in the West of England so it's a milder climate.  Ah well, happy days...

8. ishwaryaa22 profile image91
    ishwaryaa22posted 6 years ago

Every year, family get-together happen on Diwali, India's important festival. We greet each other, exchange sweets, chat happily, celebrate this festival with much enjoyment and happiness and above all, together as a whole family on such a joyous occasion. These are some of my cherished childhood memories. Fortunately, this family-get together tradition still continue year after year and it is strongly very much a significant event for all of us- me and my big family!

working