jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you guys have any Christmas traditions you follow in your family?

1. georgiecarlos profile image59
    georgiecarlosposted 7 years ago

Do you guys have any Christmas traditions you follow in your family?

It's almost Christmas, and I was just wondering how people celebrate Christmas (other than the usual festivals held in certain countries). One example is that in my family, everyone in my Mother's side of the family tries to gather on Christmas eve (so imagine 30-50 people all in one house) where we have Christmas dinner together. When the clock strikes 12, that is when everyone is allowed to get their gifts under the tree. Also, we play "secret Santa" wherein we all have a randomly assigned "kid" from the family and we play Santa by giving him/her a gift!

2. Moxyl profile image82
    Moxylposted 7 years ago

We pop X'mas Crackers during our X'mas dinner on 25th at home, while all gifts can only be opened on 26th - boxing day during breakfast. My parents-in-law would prepare Fish dishes instead of Turkey smile

3. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 7 years ago

yup, go to church every year, donate money to the poor, visit friends and relatives and give myself an ice-cream treat. if have friends willing to keep me company, go for a movie , window shopping, see kids swarming around santa, hear choir singing carols. before the night ends, give my parents a big hug and kisses

4. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 7 years ago

On the afternoon of Christmas Eve, I make the mince pies, from the proper mince that I started preparing in September.  The boiling gammon will be on cooking and we have that hot for Christmas Eve Dinner.  Early on Christmas morning, I cut a couple of slices of the gammon and fry them and eggs for breakfast, put the baking gammon in the oven to cook, it comes out at about 10:00 and the turkey goes into the oven.  I do this every year, as did my mum, and her mum before her.

5. thomasczech profile image68
    thomasczechposted 7 years ago

We never do the Santa thing, we always told our children the truth of Christmas, about the Birth Of Jesus Christ. We do not do a tree as that is pagan in history.
    We come together as a family, whoever is able to, and we talk about Jesus. We pray and then eat a turkey dinner and then play games and listen to Christian music keeping in mind the birth of our saviour.We do all this on the 24th

Closed to reply