jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do parents know all the text lingo we use today?

1. susahnagrande profile image60
    susahnagrandeposted 6 years ago

Do parents know all the text lingo we use today?

There are so many text abbreviations now a days I just want to know if everyone knows them? I am thinking of making a hub to help the ones who do not know every abbreviation. Good idea?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

It's not a bad idea-- but it has been done, and there are  dictionaries online for those things. Your way of presenting it may be different or add a new insight. The only way you will know is to try it.
    One of the nice things about HubPages is that you can always edit and improve.

3. OldSkoolFool profile image61
    OldSkoolFoolposted 6 years ago

Yes great idea! I went to get a manicure and had an interesting conversation with the nail lady named Kim. She confessed looking through her 16 year old sons text messages and didn't know what "IMY" meant or "OMW" and wrote them down on a receipt to ask customers, Hilarious! She wanted to enroll in a class to teach her!

4. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

so,  you think that you are under the radar............

that your lingo can not be decoded.............that  your counterparts will not sell you out............

Really...........you think that you trump  your parents?

go ahead, and believe these things...............

THEN, listen to my    story, of   angry father..........determined to find his wayward daugher............................see  them, backing up against the   courtyard square.........see  " them" telling where the " party" was...................see them giving your young ass up!

Hell hath no fury..............as a father out to protect  his beloved daughter.................

BRING your little bad self on!   

Bring it child...................we the parents will trump you, every single time.

5. profile image54
    consentinoposted 6 years ago

I don't think they do.  If I still had teens at home, you better believe I would learn them all.

www.petsareagift.com

working