jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think airlines should ban small children?

1. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 5 years ago

Do you think airlines should ban small children?

A family was recently removed from a flight because their toddler refused to be secured in their seat by the seatbelt.  The toddler threw a tandrum.  The parents could not control the child.

2. Anne Pettit profile image74
    Anne Pettitposted 5 years ago

Children are a part of our universe, and have to travel places also.  I had a screaming toddler on a plane once.  It was awful.  The other passengers were very disturbed and my baby was miserable.  There was nothing I could do.  It turns out she had an ear infection, and her eardrum ruptured in flight.  We did not know.

3. profile image0
    SJmorningsun25posted 5 years ago

As Anne Pettit said, sometimes there are unpredictable situations that no one can control. In many cases, though, I think it's a matter of parents learning what it means to discipline their kids and keep them behaved. Most of the frustrating children I've encountered on planes were cases of parental negligence; on the other hand, I've seen some amazingly well-behaved, happy kids on flights. Airlines shouldn't punish all families because some have no boundaries; yet some families should know better than to take their kids on airplanes.

4. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

That is a true dilemna for all involved. It is sometimes difficult to get children to sit in a confined seat and for such long lengths of time.  I believe parents need to prepare the child before the flight for such a trip. Reading books, visiting airport, talking about the flight, get toy airplanes, etc. anything to make it exciting. This will eliminate much of the hassle of travel. Airlines could also use some training in dealing with children. I have seen attendants, for lack of education, be very abrupt in dealing with families with children. Good question.

5. freemarketingnow profile image57
    freemarketingnowposted 5 years ago

No! That would limit so many families from traveling.

Closed to reply

working