jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best vacation destination for families with small children? Ages 1 t

1. MargaritaEden profile image74
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

What is the best vacation destination for families with small children? Ages 1 to 6

2. cakeinthemorn profile image60
    cakeinthemornposted 5 years ago

I think you will get a lot of people responding with Disney World, which I agree is an awesome place.  We started taking my oldest when she was 1.5 years old and she got older, the other kids followed suit.  Now they are 6,4,2, and 1 and they love it! 

But, for a different answer, I would suggest San Diego.  The zoo, wild animal park, and beach are all right there.   The zoo and animal park are huge and the kids have so much fun seeing all the animals and strolling around.  The beach is one massive sandbox that will entertain kids (and dads while mom is catching a break!) for hours.  About 45 minutes away is Lego Land, a theme park perfect for kids 8 and under with rides and lego building stations.  If you really want a Disney kick, you can always drive north to LA a few hours and go to Disney Land and catch all the characters and rides there.  It is smaller than Disney World, but in my personal opinion is much more laid back and relaxed.

1. MargaritaEden profile image74
      MargaritaEdenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you smile Great suggestions, I was wondering if Disney Land is too early for them because they will be too scared for the rides, I guess it's something to think about.

3. BritFun profile image67
    BritFunposted 5 years ago

Here in the UK, there's a theme park aimed specifically at families with younger children - it's called Legoland.

I believe they're building them in the USA too:  http://www.legoland.com/

We went twice with our daughter when she was very little - and she had a fantastic time.

4. teddi20 profile image61
    teddi20posted 5 years ago

For our first vacation my son was 3 and my daughter was 18 months old. We drove to San DIego, about a 7 hour trip (we luckily brought a DVD player with Spongebob movies to keep them entertained). We went to the San Diego Zoo, Sea World and Legoland. The Zoo was a lot of walking for my son and my daughter was not interested in staying in the stroller for the whole time. They enjoyed Sea World but Legoland was their favorite. It had great rides for all ages and my son loves legos. We have gone back a number of times even last year at 10 and 8 and they still love it.