Help! Does anyone have any decluttering tips such as decluttering a bedroom?
Keep your bedroom clean and neat and I don't even have a t.v. in mine.I keep my bedroom for romance and sleep.I clean out my closets to what I use not what I want to use.I leave my underwear and socks in my linen closet at the bottom of my bathroom closet.That is where I get changed anyway.
Hi smileyfacexo, from my past experience where I have undertaken the 'huge' task of tidying my then teenage daughter's room about once or twice a year, here is how I see the task-
1. Make a rough estimate of time of how long it will take. (I've had weeks)
2. Make a list of all the visible tasks on a big sheet in your kitchen - there will be invisible ones too and we'll get to that.
3. Divide the tasks into daily units of half hour or hour. No more no less.
4. Each day tick off the tasks - you will feel good as the ticks increase.
5. Arm yourself with disinfectant, air freshners, (bio degradable) plastic bags, cheap plastic containers - large and small, labels, so you or the person can find things later.
6. Be absolutely ruthless about throwing useless objects out into recycling or wherever.
7. Listen to 'sweet' music or radio documentaries, stories, debates. You're gonna get mad or tired, so you need distraction.
8. Begin with the simplest tasks and those you like. Keep the nasties to the end.
9. Don't worry about 'order', at first. Your mind will naturally start to categorize and sort things as the days and weeks go by.
10. Clean and re-clean where necessary.
10. Take a photo of the before and after.
11. Look out for the invisible items - soiled stuff, hidden stuff, the nasties - wear a mask and gloves if necessary. You won't know what you're breathing in or touching.
12. When you're finished, give yourself a treat.
13. Take one last look and check if there are some more things that can be dumped, recycled or re-used by someone else or indeed, sold.
I hope that suits. Cheers.
Not bedroom specific, but I wrote a hub about the connection between energy and clutter - sometimes it helps to think of the objects in your space and how it affects you - get past the emotional side of dealing with clutter.
Declutter Your Home and Re-energize Your Life:
http://eliminatecancer.hubpages.com/hub … -Your-Life
by Money Fairy5 years ago
Wondering if anyone has a secret with dealing with an annoying temporary guest in your home?Recently I am helping out this woman who has no place to go for the week till she leaves town for good. She is...
by Grace Marguerite Williams4 years ago
Why? Why not? /Does anyone further believe that humankind will evolve so that in the near or distant future that a large percentage of people will be able to communicate with each other telepathically? Does anyone...
by mainman7147 years ago
I went to a Website called "Keep our World Beautiful.com". It's really quite an amazing idea. It's a way to do your part in helping with our environment.and a way to to make money at the same time. It's also...
by Barbara5 years ago
Help! Does anyone know where to purchase the hard licorice drops once sold in bulk candy stores?There was some sort of stamp on the top. The candy was shiny black, about 3/4" wide, shaped like a round...
by Katleigh Merrier10 months ago
I recently read some reviews on Consumer Affairs, which were absolutely devasting and have got me a little worried. I was wondering if anyone else wrote at similar sites prior to HubPages and why they made the switch,...
by lifedeferred7 years ago
I have a question. Are their parents who watch what their children are doing while outside? Does anyone at least check-up on them every so often? I am a busy mom, I work full time and when I get home I am exhausted. The...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.