How to Nurture the Father-Daughter Bond?

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 6 years ago

How to Nurture the Father-Daughter Bond?

Things fathers can do to strengthen their bond with their daughters?

2. glenn wallace profile image74
    glenn wallaceposted 6 years ago

I can only speak for the toddler age range, but from experience I can say simply being present is the biggest thing. Taking time to read to her, being there for all those diaper changes, messy feedings and trips to the park let him or her know you are a constant source of support and comfort.
    I suspect you're asking for advice for an older age range though...

3. stanleyreese profile image76
    stanleyreeseposted 5 years ago

I have a 26 year old daughter, a four year old daughter and a three year old daughter to go along with two sons who are ages 24 and five. I raised the oldest two as a single parent and I am raising the youngest three with my wonderful wife.

My oldest daughter was a learning experience for me. I was raised in a family of all sons (five of us) so I had no earthly idea what to do. But, I tried. That is the answer. Try. Don't give up. Be inventive. Talk, share, laugh, love.

I remember one weekend when my oldest daughter was about 12, I put my son to bed and popped popcorn. She and I stayed up late, late and watched the epic "Gone With The Wind". I never really enjoyed the before then and I haven't enjoyed it since then. But I cherished that night.

I have started teaching my four year old daughter to play chess. She loves spending the time with me and she won't let anyone else near the chess set because she says that is "mine and daddy's game".

Try. That is my answer. Just keep trying no matter what age they are.

Pics of my sweethearts are on my web site where you can also (incidentally) order my new book.