jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you encourage your children to do community service, or get involved with

1. Turtlewoman profile image95
    Turtlewomanposted 5 years ago

How do you encourage your children to do community service, or get involved with the community?

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

You do community service yourself and take the kids with you as helpers.  Conversely, you can talk to them about helping out some of the neighbors, especially the older ones who can no longer do chores, etc.

3. profile image0
    kelleywardposted 5 years ago

I think timetravelor2  said it best they will follow what u do rather than what u say. In my family we all organize a run to support our community food banks. My kids are involved in the entire process and I've seen how they have a desire to help the community in many other areas. My parents role modeled this to me and I followed their lead.

4. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 5 years ago

I agree with the other two responses.  There is no better teacher than example.  Encourage the children with words of appreciation and praise.  Share responses of gratitude from those who receive help, and talk about the satisfaction you receive when you serve.

working